The Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant

The Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant (PHHSBG) is a 100% federally-funded program by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) which provides community-based health promotion and disease prevention activities on Guam. In order to receive funding, states apply (non-competitively) on an annual basis. On Guam the PHHSBG presently supports activities which are population-based, state-determined and flexible (i.e., so long as each specific grant activity addresses one of the Healthy People 2020 objectives). P.L. 102-531 requires that the PHHSBG have an Advisory Committee, representing the community, which meets 2-3 times annually to review, comment, revise as appropriate, present for public hearing, and subsequently approve Guam’s proposal for submission.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination  Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Skip to content