The Department of Public Health and Social Services’ Division of Senior Citizens would like to inform all aging program consumers, their families and caregivers that services for the National Family Caregiver Support Program (NFCSP) will resume on Monday, October 15, 2012. The following services are:
- Information to Caregivers. A service for caregivers that provides the public and individuals with information on resources and services available within the community;
- Assistance to Caregivers. A service that assists caregivers in obtaining access to support services and resources within the community;
- Individual Counseling, Organization of Support Groups, and Caregiver Training. A service to assist the caregivers in the areas of health, nutrition, and financial literacy, and in making decisions and solving problems relating to their caregiving roles ;
- Respite Care. A service to enable caregivers to be temporarily relieved from their caregiving responsibilities; and
- Supplemental Services. A service provided on a limited basis, to complement the care provided by caregivers.
For inquiries from the general public, please contact Health Services of the Pacific at 647-5355 ext. 203 or the Division of Senior Citizens at 735-7421. All other inquiries from the media on this matter are to be directed to the Director’s Office at 735-7102, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday excluding locally recognized holidays.