Press Release No. 2019-063 May is Senior Citizens Month and the Department of Public Health and Social Services Division of Senior Citizens (DPHSS, DSC) and its community partners are coordinating events in honor of our Island’s Manamko. As these events are held off-site, the DSC would like to inform all aging program consumers, their families and caregivers, program service providers and vendors, Medicare beneficiaries, and other interested parties, their office located at the Castle Mall Building in Mangilao will be closed as the DSC coordinates, hosts and implements the activities scheduled in celebration of Senior Citizens Month, as follows:
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 closed from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. to coordinate the Proclamation Signing event at the Governor’s Large Conference Room.
- Thursday, May 9, 2019 closed from 8:00 a.m. to 5: 00 p.m. to coordinate the Centenarian Recognition Celebration at a venue yet to be determined.
- Friday, May 10, 2019 closed from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. to coordinate the Frail Elderly Mass at Inarajan Senior Citizens Center.
- Wednesday, May 21, 2019 closed from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. to coordinate the Legislative Reception at a venue yet to be determined.
- Thursday, May 16, 2019 closed from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to coordinate the Guam Conference on Aging at a venue yet to be determined.
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019 closed from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to coordinate the Huegon Manamko at the University of Guam, Calvo Fieldhouse.
We thank you for your support as we pay tribute to our island’s seniors. Make this month a memorable one for our seniors and greet them with a Biba Manamko!
Should you have any questions, you may contact Mrs. Vinessa Unpingco or Mrs. Alicia Guiking at 735-7415 or 7421.
LINDA UNPINGCO DENORCEY, MPH